P-R-E Cumulus Roma
Friday, 11 June, 9:30-10:50
Onboarding Together Alone – Remote transitions from School to Professional Life.
The global pandemic situation has impacted many aspects of design education and of the design practices. In multiple organisations, teams were obliged to go fully remote. Thanks to the wide use of digital tools, it even turns now into a new set of behaviours and habits, inside and outside the digital economy.
For many years, design education institutions have established connections with business and industry through internships and apprenticeship, as a way for young designers to gain experience in their creative skills. The full immersion in a workplace environment was an opportunity to improve soft skills required for young professionals : leadership, team spirit and collaboration, social rules, industry standards …
It’s now 2021, and we would like to discuss the actual meaning and relevance of this very experience of remote internships, both as a first touchpoint with the job market and as a valuable learning experience.
Perspectives will be shared by speakers before interactions with attendees.
- Dr. Mona Ismail, professor, Scientific College of Design, Muscat, Oman
- Sultan Shalakti, interaction designer, Amman, Jordan
- Lefteris Heretakis, lecturer, IE University, Madrid, Spain
- Hani Asfour, dean, Dubai Institute of Design and Innovation (DIDI)
- Eija Salmi, Cumulus Association, Helsinki, Finland
- Frederic Degouzon, Ecole de Design, Nantes, France
- Alok b. Nandi, IxDA and Architempo + Spread Design, Brussels
Register: Design Culture(s) | Cumulus Roma 2021
Leave a Reply